I’d like to give a special THANK YOU and a shout out to Simply Homesteading for nominating me for a Liebster Award! If you haven’t already, you need to go check out her blog. She has lots of common sense advice and she is dang funny at times!
I have to admit, I had never heard of the Liebster Award. But what a fabulous way to connect and network with all the different blogs out there! Especially when you’re just starting and have just a few followers. I have connected and begun to follow so many new and exciting blogs by traveling through others lists! And I hope to help connect more readers to their blog.
Here are the rules for the Liebster:
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What to do:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs
My Random Facts:
1. I over-engineer everything. Sometimes this is a real hassle when you’re trying to do things “simple”. For me, there cannot be enough glue, screws, nails and support beams in any project. From a planter box to a house. I’m serious. Everything. My husband reels me in by reminding me “We don’t have enough materials for what you’re trying to do.”
2. My husband and I met on a blind date. I worked with a girl named Monica, who was married to a guy named Kelly. My husband worked with Kelly. They decided that we were perfect for each other and they were right. Our first date, we spent about 4 hours talking about the absurd cost of auto insurance. Neither of us knows why to this day. Anyway, something as mundane as that I guess was our “ice breaker”, because after that, we talked on the phone every day and saw each other every chance we got. We’ve been inseparable for 22 years now.
3. I absolutely LOVE to cook and bake. Either by recipe, or winging it. It really does make me happy!
4. Spring and Summer are my absolute favorite seasons. I feel I truly am a child of the sun and warmth. Even during the “dog days” of summer, I’m still happy.
5. I have the biggest, fattest sweet tooth ever. Cookies, pies, pastries, ice cream – you name it.
6. My tastes in movies and music are all over the place. I love a good tear jerking chick flick, action movies, even cartoons. My Grooveshark account has playlists that include everything from gospel to alternative with some country and rap thrown in.
7. My sister-in-law teases me that I have a dish fetish instead of a shoe fetish. Pretty little saucers, cake serving pieces, teacups, little dessert plates – they are my weakness. I’ve had to pare my collection down quite a bit because we’re just not going to have room for a lot of extra stuff that doesn’t serve a function once we get moved to our homestead. I’ve kept several pieces that have sentimental value to me and I no longer just buy them on a whim. If there’s something I just can’t do without at a yard sale or the thrift store, I have to seriously mull it over before I buy it. I figure it won’t hurt to keep a few pieces packed away. I may have granddaughters one day to have a little tea party with!
8. I’m not a “girlie-girl”. I’m much more comfortable in my jeans and a t-shirt than anything. I guess I clean up pretty well when I have to (Lol!). I absolutely loathe clothes shopping. I think that’s why I like the thrift store so much. If something doesn’t fit, then it doesn’t fit. There’s no way to go get the same garment in several different sizes and try them all on. My best friend jokes that it’s a shame they don’t make Garanimals for grown ups. I’ve never gotten over that awkward tomboy stage.
9. I am in my early 40’s and I adore myself. It has taken me this many years to be comfortable in my own skin. I don’t mind the wrinkles or gray hair that are beginning to creep up on me. The wrinkles show that I’ve lived a life full of smiles. My stretch marks are my service stripes for bringing two plump, healthy babies into this world. Every scar, mark, wrinkle, and “imperfection” tells the story of me. I am at peace with myself spiritually. I spent far too many years being afraid of what everyone else thought of me. I am truly excited for the “next phase” of my life.
10. I lost over 40 pounds from 2006-2007, and have kept it off. It was during that time that I realized I was heading for my 40’s, and it was only going to get harder to get in shape the older I got. I nixed fast food, processed food and started drinking water instead of soda. I began exercising and looking at natural alternatives to conventional medicine. It’s been a wondrous journey and I look better, feel better and am in better shape physically now than I was in my 20’s. I’m in no means a “hard body” or “fitness model”, but my energy level and metabolism are such that it makes it fairly easy now to stay in shape. My gym routine has been replaced with yard, gardening and critter duty. Talk about a total body workout!
11. I giggle at the silliest things. I can’t help myself. I’m terrible to take to church or to a movie. And once I get started, sometimes I can’t stop. It’s awful! But I can’t help it. By the same token, if something is over the top funny, I can’t help but let out a big belly laugh. Some people make fun of my laugh and others find it infectious. Laughing is good for the soul, so laugh I shall!
My Answers for Questions from Simply Homesteading:
- What color shirt are you wearing right now? Pink
- What is your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday. Because I don’t have to rush around in the morning getting ready for work. I can leisurely drink my coffee, hang out with the chickens and start my day off without having to commute anywhere farther than the backyard if I choose.
- If you could do without one piece of electrical equipment what would it be? My clothes dryer.
- What would your perfect yearly weather be? 70-80 degrees, with a slight breeze
- If you had unlimited acres, unlimited money, how many different kinds of animals would you have? 11
- How many photos of family do you have up in your house? 38
- How many hours a day are you on the computer? Be honest! Including work hours, more than 14. Just personal use, only about 2.
- If you had unlimited money what charity would you support? Wow…so hard to choose just one. I would probably have to go with Wounded Warrior Project.
- How many hours of sleep do you get? About 7
- What one chore would you never do again if someone else were to do it exactly as you do? Cleaning the kitchen
- What is your favorite store to shop at? Goodwill
My Questions for My Nominee Picks:
- What is your ideal weekend getaway? (Money not being a consideration).
- Who was your childhood hero (real or fictional) and why?
- If you could be granted a super power, what would it be?
- You have to evacuate your house and are allowed to take only one material possession. What would it be?
- Are you a coffee drinker or tea drinker?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- What do you feel is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life so far?
- You’ve just won $1 million TAX FREE. What would you do with the money?
- How many animals (farm or domestic) do you hope to add in the next year?
- Favorite color?
- If you could change your name, who would you like to be?
And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for…MY nominees for a Liebster Award!
Happy blogging everyone! 🙂